Everything You Need to Know About Minecraft
Minecraft is a fun and adventurous sandbox video game. It’s a creative and active game with tons of available modes, and a variety of available activities that will keep you occupied for hours at a time.
Minecraft allows players to use their imagination and be free to build all kinds of 3D objects from a variety of cubes. They can also roam free and explore the never-ending map of the game, gather resources, craft weapons and other items and engage in combat.
One of the most popular modes is the survival mode, where you must require enough resources to stay alive, be protected and maintain your health.
The great thing about this game is that it doesn’t necessarily have certain goals you need to achieve, giving you the freedom to organize your gameplay however you wish. You can engage in combat, build objects, or simply choose to explore the map and do whatever seems fun.
What Makes Minecraft So Popular
The consistency of sales since its release is something really remarkable. Minecraft still holds a top spot as one of the most played games in the world.
Even from the start when the game was still a work-in-progress, prone to breaking and with rudimentary graphics, it was still popular and played by millions of people around the globe. Now the game is available on almost all platforms, and can even be played on Nintendo Switch.
What keeps the game still interesting is the fact that it provides you endless interesting opportunities, and offers you the chance to show your creative side and build whatever it is you want. It can be silly, fun and an amazing creative experience, which is what keeps people coming back to it.
Even though there are tons of things in Minecraft, you may get bored doing the usual stuff you’re used to. Why not try something new?
How to Avoid Getting Bored in Minecraft
If you start getting bored by the usual stuff you do in the game, you can change things up, and try something new. Here are a few ideas that will make the game more interesting.
1. Change Things Up
Try organizing your gameplay differently, build new things you’ve never thought of building, get a new skin or make one yourself, or try some of the many ideas I’ve mentioned below. They should keep you engaged for hours.
2. Download a New Mod
Try some of the hundreds of mods available, see which ones you like the best, download them and have fun!
3. Play with Your Friends
Challenge your friends to all sorts of competitions. See who can build something faster, or do all sorts of things to make Minecraft more fun.
4. Try the Survival Mod If You Haven’t Tried It Yet
The survival mod is interesting, exhilarating and surprisingly fun to play. You’ll never get bored gathering resources and exploring the infinite map.
5. Build More Complex Objects
Choose a sculpture, a building or any other type of architecture you really enjoy, no matter if it’s modern or ancient and try to rebuild it.
If you ever get bored playing Minecraft, here’s what else you can do or build!
Things to Do in Minecraft When You’re Bored
Some of these things can only be done in survival mode, but there are a lot that apply for all of the modes.
Here are a few things that you can do in Minecraft to pass your time and have fun:
- Expand your land
- Look for diamonds
- Create a mob trap and a mob killing arena
- Redesign and remodel your house and make it look aesthetically good
- Create a hidden room and add a secret exit in your house
- Build all types of farms you can think of and make them automatic
- Add a few extra rooms in your house
- Swim in lava
- Make a copy of the world you’ve worked hard to build, go into creative mode and blow the whole world
- up using all kinds of different ways you can think of
- Enchant something
- Go in survival mode and battle against 500 creepers
- Use a texture pack and make everything look like a creeper
- Create a new skin, or a few for that matter
- Setup your own server
- Make up your own rules for a survival mission and then play according to them
- Attempt to kill 25 creepers or skeletons in a night in survival mod
- Try to get 20 wolves in your pack
- See how large of an explosion you can cause
- Try a different game mode that you don’t usually play in
- Make an underground world
- Build a pyramid
- Create an add-on
- Create a water world
- Challenge your friends to a building competition
- Defend a village from mobs
Things to Build in Minecraft When You’re Bored
- Build a three story house and a pool for your house
- Make: farms for all types of animals
- a dock and a lighthouse
- an island far, far away. Ok, not that far. You don’t want to get lost
- Make a huge bridge for your new island
- Build: a roller coaster
- an automatic cake factory
- an underground base
- a city or a sky city
- mansion or a castle
- famous landmark
- subway system
- Design and build a rocket
- Create a huge bridge and connect two hills together
- Build a temple, a fortress, a maze or an airport
- Try to build the Great Wall of China
- Build a museum or gallery
- Make a doghouse